DCAT’s Careers in Pharma Video Helps Students Discover Industry Opportunities
Expert panel explores scientific and non-scientific roles.
Robbinsville, New Jersey — April 24, 2023 — The Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT) Science & Scholarship Committee announces the launch of a new video for university students. The video is designed to help them explore the wide range of scientific and non-scientific career opportunities available in the pharmaceutical industry. It was recorded during a live broadcast event, Careers in Pharma: A Q&A with Industry Professionals, which took place during DCAT Week, the premiere event for the global bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain.
Presented by DCAT’s Science & Scholarship Committee, Careers in Pharma featured a panel of industry experts who explored a wide range of career topics. Discussions covered how to get into the industry, the variety of roles available for scientists and non-scientists, and the rewards and challenges of working in pharma. Panelists also answered questions sent through the Zoom chat during the event.
“On behalf of the Science & Scholarship Committee, I am excited to offer this resource for university students,” said panel moderator Jason Bertola, Executive Director, Commercial Development, Small Molecules, Lonza and Chair of DCAT’s Science & Scholarship Committee. “Each of the panelists offered a unique perspective and traveled a different career path in our industry. The Committee hopes the knowledge shared in this video will attract the next generation of industry leaders.”
The recorded panel discussion is available on DCAT’s YouTube channel and can be shared with university students who could benefit from this candid discussion.
Watch or share the video here.
THANK YOU TO OUR PANELISTS
- Jason Bertola, Executive Director, Commercial Development, Small Molecules, Lonza and Chair of DCAT’s Science & Scholarship Committee
- Charles Davies, Associate Vice President, Global Sourcing and Procurement for Merck & Co., Inc., and the First Vice President of the DCAT Board of Directors
- Sean Diver, Senior Director, Commercial Development, Small Molecules at Lonza, past DCAT President and a current member of DCAT’s Board of Directors
- Sally Macaluso, Vice-President and Chief Procurement Officer of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices and Business Services Procurement, and President of DCAT
- Dr. Maha Mehanna, Associate Director of Portfolio Management, XGen Pharmaceuticals DJB, Inc. and a current member of DCAT’s Science & Scholarship Committee
The Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT) is a not-for-profit, business development association for the global Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain. Their purpose is to provide a wide range of learning experiences and industry activities that enhance knowledge and create opportunities for members to expand their network of customers and suppliers. DCAT’s worldwide membership encompasses 550 companies in 40 countries, over six continents. The DCAT organization is headquartered in Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA.
Margaret M. Timony
DCAT Executive Director