Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance
This event took place on May 13, 2021
Is Digital Body Language Impacting Your Business?
Urgent emails that go unanswered. Video conferences peppered with awkward silences. Ambiguous text messages. Are we losing our capacity to effectively communicate and understand our colleagues, customers, and suppliers in this digitally enhanced world?
Humans rely on body language to connect and build trust. According to Erica Dhawan, new digital signals and cues have replaced traditional body language across genders, generations, and cultures. Key takeaways from Erica’s presentation will include:
- Understanding your collaboration style and the digital body language signals you may be broadcasting – even if unintentional.
- Creating cultures of reliability and clarity across email, phone, text, video, live meetings, etc.
- Developing a collaboration strategy that fights digital “mansplaining” and other virtual unconscious biases.
- Creating cultures of true inclusion and belonging, no matter the distance.
- Understanding how these issues are impacting your business – everyday!
This program is presented by the DCAT Alliance for Industry Women Committee. This complimentary webinar is offered to employees of DCAT Member Companies only.
About Our Speaker: Erica Dhawan
Leading Authority on Connectional Intelligence (CxQ), Founder & CEO of Cotential, and Author of Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance
Erica Dhawan is a globally recognized leadership expert and keynote speaker helping organizations and leaders innovate faster and further, together. Recently, she addressed DCAT’s Women’s Networking Breakfast on Connectional Intelligence, where her presentation received high praise from attendees.